Monday, January 29, 2007

McKinley





So I know it has been quite awhile since I have posted anything and I like to use the excuse that I work too much. Honestly, I really do work too much but hopefully it will all end soon. But I would like to tell you about the cutest girl in the world, my daughter, McKinley. She is now 7 months old and weighs no more then 13 lbs. I know that 13 lbs sounds like a lot but she is very little for her age. In fact she has a friend, Bailee, who weighs 21 lbs and is 10 days younger. I am not complaining though. I enjoy her smallness... if that is even a word. Despite her being so little she is extremely smart and active. She is army crawling everywhere and is fast at it too. I find myself running to pick things off the ground that are in front of her and blocking sections of rooms off with pillows. She is very big into chewing on everything that she shouldn't like the fan cord, plastic bags, mommy's phone, and anything else that would be more than 2 dollars to replace. My favorite new thing is probably her temper tantrums. You would think that we had a two year old on our hands with the way she kicks her legs and flings her arms around while screaming. I just have to laugh at how dramatic she is. She is also a jabber mouth and likes to sing and talk all the time.


We have been feeding her solid foods and have had no difference in her sleeping habits until last night. Before she was waking up every 2-3 hours to eat on a good night. But last night we gave her instant potatoes...(hope it wasn't bad) And can I tell you that I slept a solid 6 hours. Now to many of you that is not very long but to me... it was amazing! I am hoping this wasn't a fluke. Although we have started her on solids we are not the best about sticking to it. Steve says it takes too long. I agree with him but I also would like to be able to sleep through the night. Anyways, Kinley is waking up and calling my name so I must go now. I hope to be able to be better at this blogging thing soon. Love you all - Taylor Family

This is my favorite picture from christmas.
(left)
And the bottom one is of Steve dead asleep with McKinley singing to him.

No comments: