Sunday, November 02, 2008

My big helper!





" Look mommy, a fower. Here, I will pick it. And bro it for you." Little does she know, but this is not a flower. This is a weed and the more she blows it all over the more I get. Blowing usually gets it all in her mouth too, so lately she will pick it and then just hit off all the seeds when the blowing fails. I love her so much. I can't believe how much she has grown and how much she talks. It is like a never ending record. I also love how much she loves her daddy. Despite the fact that I carried her for almost 9 months, nursed her for another 9 months, and changed her a lot doesn't not give me top priority in her book. I think I need a mommas boy. (no this is not an announcement.)

On a side note. Kinley just brought me a nerd rope and said,
" mom will you open this?"
"um... no, I don't think we should eat this as I put it on the desk."
" but I want it!"
" Sorry, but we don't need it"- I continued to put it higher as she reached for it
"no no no, I'll put it back. I want to put it back."
As a trusting mom I gave it back. She then walked into the other room still with it in her hand, climbed up behind me onto my chair and found so sizzors on the desk. then she said...
" don't worry mom, I will cut it open. OK. (in that high voice and a head nod that all moms do when they want their child to answer that way.) I typing this ignored her. Until I heard.
" I did it! I cut it by myself." I paused from writing to see that she had gotten it and then as a mean mom I took the candy back away and told her that if she chooses not to listen she can go to time out. Fake cries and whines came out of her little body as she made her way to her dad. She started the fake cry with him saying, "Mommy told me NO. She told me no."

Did I mention how much I love her! I think she is so cute I just can't get enough of her.

1 comment:

Brandon and Brittany said...

That little hat is adorable.