Monday, February 23, 2009

Vegitarianism here I come... again.


Yes, you read that right. Those of you that have known me for a long time know that I have not always been a huge fan of meat. Well, it has been 2 years since I have added bloody nasty animals to my diet. If you haven't figured it out yet I believe they will be leaving my diet faster than... lets just say fast. The story goes like this. Stephen my wonderful husband, in a way I say that with sarcasm, but in real life I truly do love every part about him. Well my cute little hubby made dinner tonight which was hamburgers. The first one he made was 100% cooked and I shared it with Kinley. So I was still a little hungry after only eating a half of a burger. I guess he really didn't want me to enjoy eating meat ever again or he might have been trying to kill me because what happened next was a nightmare! So I got my bun all ready with ketchup and he place the patty on the bun. I proceeded to take a bite and all I saw was blood drip down the bun. I immediately spit out the half of a bite in my mouth and ran to the sink. After spitting and dry heaving over and over again I thought I was done until I went to the bathroom and continued to gag. He tried to kill me! I am totally a blood and guts girl too, I guess just not for my food. Stephen apologized and told me he almost couldn't eat anymore after hearing me gag. Yet he still proceeded to eat another hamburger. I guess I should look at the positive in this. I have started to want to eat way healthier and haven't really been a huge fan of red meat or pork for awhile. So I guess it was better for me to quit cold turkey. (no pun intended) My dear mother in law is on the green smoothie health kick and so I am going to just jump on board with that I guess. Wish me luck in my quest to stay alive with my hubby... j/k There is just no more red bloody meat for me. I glad I made it through this one. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

nice blood and guts. i never expected you to die from under cooked meat!

Ipo said...

that's funny! so you going veg again?! have fun!

Jacqui said...

Thats sick! I LOVE hamburgers, so I'm glad that hasn't happened to me.

Traci said...

until you get pregnant again.... :)

Jill said...

I am sure he was only trying to help you appreciate the flavor that is in a medium rare burger. I am with Traci, as soon as you are pregnant again, you will become a convert.